SSC CGL Tier 1, 2 Maths Important Topics Aptitude
SSC CGL Tier-1 2016 exam is going to conduct soon, so candidates who want to score good marks in the exam then they should know the exam syllabus. Below given the details regarding SSC CGL Tier exam syllabus and important topics from which questions may come in the SSC CGL Tier I exam. Candidates cannot score good marks without mathematics. So candidate should concentrate on each and every subject to score good marks.
SSC CGL Tier 1, 2 Maths Important Topics
SSC CGL Tier I written exam paper consists the objective type questions
- 100 questions with multiple choice
- Each question holds two mark
- 0.5 marks will be reduced for negative answer
- 25 questions are from mathematics
- Remaining questions from other subjects.
|SSC CGS Stage||Questions||Negative Marking|
|Tier I||25 Questions (2 marks each)||– 0.5 marks each|
|Tier II Quantitative aptitude||100 Questions (02 marks each)||– 0.50 marks each|
- Let’s know the topics which consist in Quantitative aptitude in SSC and practise daily one topic without completing it don’t jump for other.
- Take a particular topic and try to solve questions, learn conceptual clarity and try to learn all formulas of that topic.
- Every candidate should know the short cut method to learn and to solved the questions in exam otherwise all time will be wasted in solving one question only.
- Daily spend at least two hours on mathematics subject to score good marks.
- Candidates should also practise solving previous papers of tier 1 exam. Previous year practise papers can be available at various websites. download it or can buy practice paper book like Kiran from book shop / market.
- Below given names of the books for practise purposes like Fast Track Objective Arithmetic or Quantitative Aptitude or Rajesh Verma or R S Agarwal
Chapters and topics of SSC CGS Tier I Mathematics Aptitude
- Number System: topics are Divisibility and remainders, unknown numbers from given conditions, LCM and HCF and Fractions comparisons to cover this topics candidates can refer ncert class 7 and class 10 chapter 1, 2 and 9 and quantitative aptitude book.
- Basic Mathematics: simplification, roots, squares and cubes, surds and indices for this you can study ncert class 8, 9 chapter 1, 6, 7and 12 and also quant book and short tricks.
- Algebra: Linear equation, quadratic equations, and polynomials refer ncert class 8, 9 and 10 chapter 2, 3, 4, 9 and 14 and quantitative aptitude book.
- Miscellaneous: The topics includes coordinate geometry for this you can learn formulas given quantitative aptitude book, for Progression refer NCERT class 10 chapter 5 and quantitative aptitude book.
- Profit and Loss: questions are related to SI and CI, profit and loss and discount and marked price for this you can go through quantitative aptitude book.
- Data interpretation: Refer DI notes of study material and quantitative aptitude book.
- Percentage:refer ncert class 8 chapter 8
- Geometry: questions are from mensuration refer ncert class 8, 9 and 10 chapter 3,11, 9, 12, 13. For angles, bisectors, sides, circles etc. refer ncert class 9 chapter 6, 7, 8 and 10 and also quantitative aptitude book. For trigonometry, you can learn ncert class 10 chapter 8 and 9 and quantitative aptitude book.
Question Breakup: SSC-CGL Tier I (2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013)
|Average & Allegation||02||02||03||03|
|Percentage + Profit & loss||06||05||14||06|
|Time & Distance||05||02||05||06|
|Ratio & Partnership||03||01||03||03|