SSC CGL Tier 1 General Science Syllabus, Important Topics 2016
SSC CGL Tier-1 2016 exam is going to held soon, so candidates who want to score good marks in the exam then they should know the exam syllabus. Below given the details regarding SSC CGL Tier exam syllabus and important topics from which questions may come in the SSC CGL Tier I exam.
SSC CGL Tier I exam paper consists the objective type questions
- 100 questions with multiple choice
- Each question holds two mark
- 25 questions are from general science
- 0.5 marks will be reduced for negative answer
- Remaining questions from other subjects.
SSC CGS Tier I General Studies Syllabus
- SSC is divided into three parts Static + Science + Crap = SSC
- 80% of questions in general science comes from the topic Static and Science so candidate should concentrate more on this part, Static includes Geography, Polity, Economy and Indian History and Culture
- Crap includes the topics about Awards, Sports, Person in news, Books, important dates, Government institution, govt schemes, miscellaneous GK and Current Affairs,
- Candidates should know the short tricks to learn general science. By reading daily news paper candidates can know about current affairs.
- To score good marks try to solve and practise on previous year paper and mock practise paper. You can get this previous year papers from the market are can be downloaded from a website. Some of the recommended books to refer are lucent general knowledge book.
SSC CGL Tier I (2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013)
|Indian History & Culture||05||06||05||06|
|Geography & Biodiversity||06||11||06||06|
Topics for SSC CGL TIER I Exam
Static includes the topics economy, geography, Indian history and culture and Indian polity for each topic you can download the study material from SSC website or refer lucent general knowledge book
Science covers the subjects physics, chemistry, Biology and computer. To cover this subjects you can refer NCERT science from class 7 to class 10th and objective general science with subjective or lucent general knowledge book.
Crap covers the topics about current affairs, a person in the news, important dates, miscellaneous gk, awards, government schemes and sports. For this candidates can download monthly updates form @ssc-cg2014.in about current affairs or can refer lucent general knowledge miscellaneous book.
- In SSC CGL exam mostly repeated questions will be asked approx 50% questions are from previous year question papers of CHSL, CDS, CGL, MTS, NDS, and other SSC exams. Therefore candidates are advised to refer previous year question papers.
- Candidates are suggested to download previous year questions papers and practise them to score good marks, from the given website candidates can download last year paper email@example.com
- Candidates are advised to not to attempt the question for which for which they don’t know the answer because in GS section there is negative marking too.
- Candidate should update themselves with current affairs by reading daily news papers and etc.