SSC CHSL/ LDC DEO PA/ SA Syllabus, Exam Pattern 2016 Tier 1 & 2
Candidates who applied for the post of SSC CHSl/ DEO/ LDC Lower Division Clerk Exam which was the recruitment from the Staff Selection Commission Board. A number of candidates have been applied for this recruitment for this post. Now the Board is going to conduct an exam for those applied candidates. Candidates may be started preparing for the exam also. Members who are aware of the syllabus and pattern can check below as we are giving you the syllabus and pattern of the exam below here for the candidate’s convenience in preparing the exam and performing well.
SSC CHSL/ LDC/ DEO Syllabus, Exam Pattern 2016
Pattern of the Exam :-
- Written Test
- Practical Exam (Skill Test & Descriptive Exam)
- Paper comprises of Objective type of questions.
- It is divided into four part as follows.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- English Language
- General Awareness
- Each part of the paper carries 50 marks
- 2 hours is the total time provided for the candidates for finishing the paper.
SSC CHSL/ LDC/ 10+2 Syllabus for the Paper :-
1.Quantitative Aptitude :-
This section carries questions from the following topics ;
- Computation of Whole Number, Decimal, and Fractions, Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Percentages ,Time and work, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Mixture and Allegation, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Time and distance.Algebra:
- Basic algebraic identities of Elementary surd’s and School Algebra (simple problems)
- Graphs of Linear Equations.Geometry:
- Elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle, and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.Mensuration:
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cylinder, Hemispheres, Regular Polygons, Sphere, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry, Complementary angles, Trigonometric ratios, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard IdentitiesStatistical Charts:
- Use of Tables and Graphs:Bar-diagram, Histogram, Pie-chart, Frequency polygon.
General Intelligence and Reasoning :
Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Embedded figures, Figural Series,Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation ,Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences ,Figural Classification ,Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding , Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series,Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Semantic Series, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and Decoding.
2. English Language :
Spot the Error, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Synonyms/Homonyms, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Fill in the Blanks, Close Passage, Comprehension Passage.
3. General Awareness :
General policy and scientific research, Culture, Geography, and Neighboring Countries, Economic Scene, knowledge of current affairs, facts relating to India’s History.