Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier-1 2016 exam is going to hold soon, those candidates who applied application for CGI Tier 1 exam and going to attend and to do well in the exam and to score good marks must know the exam pattern and syllabus. Below given the details regarding SSC CGL Tier exam syllabus and important topics from which questions may come in the SSC CGL Tier I exam. Candidates should know the syllabus for every subject to obtained good score, So that candidate should focus on each and every subject to gain good marks and get qualified for the exam.
SSC CGL 2016 English Syllabus Important Topics
SSC CGL Tier 1 English Syllabus
SSC CGL Tier I written exam paper comprises of the objective type questions
- 100 questions with multiple choice
- Each question holds two mark
- 50 marks will be reduced for negative answer
- 25 questions are from English
- Remaining questions from other subjects.
General Awareness for SSC Tier I, Maths / quantitative aptitude for Tier I and II and Reasoning / general intelligence for Tier I
In SSC CGL Exam English at two levels
|SSC CGS Stage||No. of questions||Time period|
|Tier I paper I (prelims)||25 questions||75 min|
|Tier II Paper II (mains exam)||200 questions||2 hours|
For both Tier, I and Tier II there is negative marking for wrong answer
SSC CGL English consists the following topics they are
Vocabulary, Grammar, and Comprehension
Topic-wise questions for SSC-English (tier I and II)
|Tier I||Tier II|
|Fill In Blanks||0||15||5||30||20||10|
|Tier I||Tier II|
Sentence Arrangement plus Comprehension
|Tier I Exam||Tier II Exam|
SSC-English (Tier 1 and II)
|Topics||Tier I Exam||Tier II Exam|
|Grammar||Sentence improvement sentence correction
Fill up the blanks (in a single line)
Fill up the blank (vast paragraph)
Idioms and phrases
One word substitution
- In SSC Tier I exams usually from English questions will come in multiple of five such as five questions based on synonyms then next five from antonyms and vice versa.
- In SSC Tier II 10 questions in the form of fill in the blanks, then 20 questions based on active passive and so on.
- Candidates take English as easy but it is not so and not gives look at English but it is not right to score good marks candidates should also focus on English.
- If you take a look on last year SSC CGL Exam paper of English then you come to know that English is not so easy to leave it or grant it in the exam it ask a meaning of those words which we do not use in our daily life.